"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I love this!

I enjoy reading the brilliant literary works of our founding fathers.  Clever, humorous, and sarcastic, their words have long been imprinted on the minds of Americans.  Their courage in speaking out and telling the world of their personal beliefs is amazing!  If we had not won the Revolutionary War, each and every one of them would have lost their lives.

One of my favorite founding fathers is Benjamin Franklin.  True, he had a less than reputable personal life, but his work for our country was simply astounding!  My new favorite piece of literature was one that he himself wrote called, "Rules By Which a Great Empire May Be Reduced to a Small One".  A long title, to be sure, but one that covers a vast number of topics.  There are old pieces of literature out there where the humor is completely lost on me, due to the fact that it generally has to do with what were then modern customs; things that I know not of! But, in this piece of writing, the sarcasm is quite obvious!  I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Visit this link to read it yourself!  If you love to read or if you love revolutionary war documents, you will LOVE this!

No comments:

Post a Comment