"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 1: Success



It was easier than I originally thought.  I rolled right out of bed at 7:35 wide awake and ready to spend some time with Jesus.  For those of you who don't know, I'm doing a 1 year Bible plan with a dear friend of mine.  However, I have fallen behind somewhat in my reading seeing that I usually only have a quiet time about 4 times a week.  Yes, I am now 10 days behind, but I finally finished the readings for February this morning.

It was so nice to be able to flip open my Bible to where I had left off, coffee in hand, and read in the sweet, blissful silence of the early morning.  My entire family was still asleep, leaving the house to be used by me and me alone.  I spent time in the chapters of Leviticus, Mark, Psalms, and Proverbs.  Directly afterwards, I spent a good deal of time in prayer, praying for things that I hadn't considered praying for in the past.  Isn't it amazing how God will impress certain things upon your heart? 

I loved my prayer time today.  Through it I became encouraged in my walk with God.  I see what my heart is like now, but I know that God has the power and the know-how to change it and mold it into something that will please and honor and glorify Him.

Yes, I would call Day 1 of my new resolution a success indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment