"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Things are Looking Up

I'm feeling a sense of peace.  Yes, my life plans for the fall are still very much undecided, up in the air, and altogether nonexistent, but I'm learning to let go of my "must be in control" tendencies and leave it up to God.  I've come to the realization, after much frustration and crying out to God, my worrying simply won't supply a solution to my problem.  The only solution to this dilemma rests securely in the hands of my very capable God.

There were several times this past week that I've been driven to my knees, my heart so full that it overflowed, leaving my eyes red-rimmed and aching.  I honestly felt like my soul was slowly being torn to shreds, and I had no idea how to heal the aching in my heart.  I know that God used -- and is still using -- this whole experience to draw me ever closer to Him.

I'm not going to lie.  I have my moments of doubt and worry that I'll be doing nothing but sitting on my duff, watching the clouds roll by and life going on without me.  I don't want to be left in the dust!  But then I am called back to Jeremiah 29:11:

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

This is a verse that I have to cling to with all my strength, but God is faithful!  He has a plan for my fall, waiting in great anticipation to reveal it to me.  I'm excited because all my plans pale in comparison to His perfect and meticulous plan!  GOD IS SO GOOD!!!  I will delight in Him, and I will worship Him!  No trial can ever take my Him away!

Praise the Lord, oh my soul!  Praise the LORD!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Alex, I was very blessed by this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister. God is good. All the time.

    When I'm down in the dumps I always remember Proverbs 3:5-6 (look it up, it's good stuff).

    *My* understanding is so limited... that's why I'm glad the world doesn't depend on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely sympathize with depressing feeling of doing nothing but "sitting on one's duff" ... been doing it for a while now, and sometimes I feel like the people living off welfare doing nothing to advance my life. That verse you shared is a great encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete