"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Days 3, 4, and 5

Yes, I'm getting a tad behind in my posting, but I guess it can't be helped!  The events of the past couple of days have kept the three of us busy!

To catch you up, we celebrated the birthday of a very dear friend of mine on Friday.  The evening was filled with gifts, cake, games, and laughter!  It was a bit nostalgic, seeing as I remember when she turned 10!  Man, does time fly, or what???  We've certainly made a lot of fun memories over the years, and I can't tell you how excited I am about all the memories that are yet to be made between us!

Then last evening, we headed over to the W. house where we had fun swimming, eating dinner, and playing games till all hours of the night!  It was a blast!  I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to hang out with a family again!

Lastly, but most certainly not least, we had a lovely lunch with the H. family after church today.  It was wonderful to be able to visit with a family that I have long considered a part of my family.  We pretty much covered all the bases from the sermon this morning to geography!  We had a great time!

We've also been enjoying just hanging around the house this afternoon.  It's so nice to have a consistent day off every week, and I didn't realize how much I depended on that until these past couple of weeks.  I love Sundays!  It's the one day of the week where I can justify doing absolutely nothing!  :P

Well, I'm going to go finish enjoying this beautiful day!  Have a wonderful evening!

3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful inside and out! I'm so excited that I found your beautiful blog through your Mom's. I pray Ava Beth grows up to be like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Thanks so much, Amanda! I'm touched! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great time at lunch as well. Finally catching up with email after being gone the last 3 days. Why is having fun so exhausting? :)

    ReplyDelete