"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 2: Of Shrimp Scampi and Other Things



Yesterday marked day 2 of being left behind.  Yes, the house is still silent as the grave, and no, we have not gotten used to it yet.  However, we are ignoring the said silence and beginning to look for things to entertain ourselves.

I have taken over the job of cooking whilst the family is away.  As such is the case, I had a glorious time poking about the grocery store, figuring out what delectable dishes I could make.  Last night's menu consisted of shrimp scampi, made with white wine, butter, garlic, heavy cream, and oregano, along with a caesar salad.  I think it was a success, seeing as the guys and myself kept going back for more!  :)

Then, later on, we headed down to Zilker to watch "Footloose" with some friends.  We came in during the middle of it, seeing as Zach had to work late, but it was really easy to pick up on what was going on.  We met up with some friends there and had a jolly time jawing afterwards.  Methinks an early morning trip to Barton Springs is in the plans somewhere in the future.  ;)

And so, our day began and finished fairly uneventfully.

NOTE:  I really need to start these blog posts on the actual day, but when I try to do so, I find I'm much too tired to sit here typing away and would much rather be curled up in my bed.  Ah well.  Here's to trying!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment