"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Part 3: Just Say Hello

So far I have shared some of the techniques I have used in getting to know others.  Here's one last way to endeavor to love some more of God's creation.

If you think about it, there's always one way that is pretty much guaranteed to start a conversation:  Just say hi.  Yep!  It's that simple.  Think about it.  When you see a friend you haven't seen in a very long time, chances are you are going to open up the conversation with "Hi!  I haven't seen you in so long!  How's everything going for you?"  And so on and so forth.  The fact of the matter is that when you open your mouth to say "Hello," other words soon follow until you are pretty deep into conversation.

I like to make it a point to say hello to those around me.  It shows them that you have acknowledged their presence and that you are glad to see them.

You may be thinking, "this is all well and good, Alex, but what is the point, I ask you?  Why are you telling me to find out what the other person is interested in, turn on a smile, and say hello?  Why?"  Well I'll tell you.  After putting all these into practice, I've found that you soon begin to be someone who people go to when in times of need.  You've shown them that they and their interests are important to you, and that you at least seem ready and willing to take on the world.

In time of need, people like to turn to those who at least appear solid and who appear like they have life under control.  Ultimately, the point of putting all these into practice is, once you've won the friend, to influence them to Christ.  Everybody comes up against a brick wall at some point in their life, and it is critical at those times to have a rock.  More specifically, it is critical to have The Rock.

You might just say that this is my way of trying to spread the gospel.  Show others that you care, and then when the time comes, show them just how much you care by sharing Christ.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so confused. You have another blog? Again?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Yeah, I needed a fresh start. The other two are just .... how shall I say this ... dead? :P

    ReplyDelete