"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

19 ... Say What?

18 was a good year.  It was filled with all kinds of new experiences that I can now add to my "have done" list.

For instance, during this past year I had my first ever nose-bleed (we're talking about an event not unlike the infamous Mt. Saint Helen's eruption), judged my first ever speech and debate tournament, started my first ever year of college, hit my 1 year mark at my job, had my first ever couple of weeks as a staffer at Worldview Academy, made my first ever apple pie with homemade pie crust (never has a more difficult feat been conquered), spent my first ever month on my own taking care of two of my brothers, etc.

Yes, 18 was full of surprises.  Probably more than I can say for 19.  Why?



19.  The forgotten year.  The year that nobody ever thinks about but everyone assumes you must live through in order to get to the age of 20.  Nothing big ever happens to 19-year-olds.  Catastrophes and adventures that happen in books and movies seem to skip right over those 19-somethings and hit either the 18-year-olds or the 20-year-olds, but never those who fall in the 19 category.

Somebody's got to change this.

I hereby declare that I will set out to make 19 the "golden age" of all teendom.  It will be a time where life is lived to its fullest, mountains are climbed, territories are settled, and grand adventures are had.  It will be a year of growth and development in my relationship towards my family and friends, and an age where important things are accomplished.

Methinks I am a bit of a dreamer ...
... but please...
...don't kill my dreams ... ;)

4 comments:

  1. I'd say go for it!! Happy birthday, Alex!! I'll be joining you in the age of 19 in a couple of short weeks! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your definition of the 19th year. I'm officially adopting it for myself. :) Missing you and loving you dearly!

    ReplyDelete