"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Preparations

Excitement filled me as I held the phone tightly against my ear!  Sarah told me to call her as soon as I had a chance, and I figured it would be something about an alumni event.  I was sure surprised when, instead of plans for RENEW coming over the phone, I had an invitation to join the Worldview Academy staff once again for the Fall Camp!  I didn't see that coming!

I squealed, or did something equally girlish, as my mind hastened back to memories of the few weeks I spent staffing over the summer.  At the moment that the question was posed, I could only remember the godly men and women who I was able to get to know, and all the good times I had with my small groups.  I thought of all the excellent conversations I had with my students, and all the laughter.

As soon as I hit the "end call" button, the butterflies rushed in.  It was then that I remembered how great a responsibility it was to be on staff, and how much weight fell on my shoulders during the week.  I remembered the personal challenges I faced, and all of a sudden, my mood went from hunky dory to downright serious.  I went back to that first day of staff training and recalled the pit in my stomach telling me I wasn't ready for such a responsibility.  I remembered all the times that I could have done better, but felt something holding me back.

I talked it over with my mom.  It seemed to take a load off my mind by just talking over everything with her.  All of a sudden I had newer plans for small group times, better ideas for mealtimes, and wonderful inspirations for t-times.  I am now currently at work making plans for the week of Fall Camp.  I know that it looks perfect on paper, but I also know that what works on paper doesn't always translate into reality very smoothly, but at least I'm beginning to have something to shoot for.

I'm regaining my excitement for Worldview Academy!  It is going to be amazing to see how God works throughout the week.  If you think about it, please just pray that God's perfect plans would come to life, even if it tosses me out of my comfort zone.

Off to go do some more brainstorming!  :)

1 comment: