"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Exciting Times

NOTE:  This is sort of a repost of yesterday, but with slightly different content.  Blogger was being dumb and wouldn't let me edit.  Actually, in order for me to not have to say all the same things as I said as yesterday, this might have completely different content altogether.  With that being said, read on. :) 

Criswell.  A tiny, two-building campus in the heart of downtown Dallas.  This is the 400-student Bible college that I am trying desperately to get into for this coming fall semester.

When my older brother applied at LeTourneau University a month before classes were to start, I vowed to myself and my parents that I would never send them into that sort of mad scramble!  But seeing as I was going to live at home while attending college, I didn't think this would be that big of a deal.

Fast forward to Thursday.

My parents and I visited Criswell.  We had the best tour of the tiny campus!  We learned all about why it was founded, their core values, what classes and professors were like, etc.  Strangely enough, as my dad will tell you, the final detail that made the decision for me was the living quarters.  The college is now holding apartments only a few blocks away from campus for the students.  It would be 4 students to each 2 bedroom apartment, complete with a living room, dining room, kitchen, and 2 full bathrooms.  No dorms for me!  I loved that it would have a "home" feel to it ... especially since one of my biggest concerns was moving away from home.

Yesterday, I spent my time filling out the application, writing the admissions essay, getting forms filled out
by other people, running to the bank, etc.  It was a long day, but fulfilling.

I'm excited!  I can't wait to study with professors who graduated from Yale and Harvard!  I'm excited about having to filter everything -- WITH MY CLASSMATES -- through a Biblical worldview and through careful scrutiny.  This is definitely a step up from the community college of my freshman year.  I'm excited to get to spend time with a college filled with people who are serious about their faith and are serious about their lives.  This is almost too good to be true!

Just like any adventure or change I've undergone in the past, this one is not without fear.  I'm nervous about not knowing anyone there.  I'm nervous about my roommates ...will we get along?  I'm nervous about my classes ... will they be too rigorous?

But through it all, God will be faithful.

And it's not quite a done deal yet.  There are still some things to work out (like financial aid), but if this is where God wants me to be, then everything will fall into place.  I'm going to move forward as if this is His plan for my life, and if it's not, then I'm assuming there will be a roadblock.

To God alone be the glory!  Soli Deo Gloria!

3 comments:

  1. I'm praying! Tell your mom to email me when y'all find something out. Sunday is too long to wait! Also, I'm praying DALLAS morphs you into liking another TEAM! It could be a slow process, but if you meet a wonderful, Christian man who happens to LOVE Cowboys, it may do the trick. You may want to wear a Giants jersey to keep them away. But, I would love for you to fall in love, and marry a cowboys fan. Then spend every Thanksgiving with your mom and dad. Thanksgiving day with a cowboy fan is what your family needs!!!

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. L....O....L!!!! You crack me up!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like exciting times. My mom actually went to Criswell.

    ReplyDelete