"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Confused Much?

Yes.  I am still in Central Texas.  Yes.  This means that I have not moved away to Dallas.  Yes.  I am delaying the start of my college sophomore year.  Yes.  I am returning to school in the spring.

It's going to be odd, this fall semester.  It will be the first fall semester I've had since the age of 3 where I will not be doing school of some sort.  Yes, if you're counting, that was 14 years ago.  o.0

Instead, I will be spending my time working.  My parents and I decided that the wisest course of action to take is to make my bank account happier before leaving.  =)

I have mixed feelings about this.  Once I finally made the decision to stay for another semester, I felt an instant sense of relief!  This gives me more time to save up, buy some of the things I will be needing for the apartment, and prepare my mind to leave home for the first time in my life.  I'm also glad that I'll get to spend more precious time with my dear, dear family whom I will miss terribly!

On the other hand, I will have to work full time.  This means punching in PLU codes right and left, smiling at the customer and saying, "please push 'yes.'  It's asking you if the amount is okay, not if you want cash back."  It means selling camel menthol light 100's and marlboro special blends.  It means running gallons of milk back to dairy to exchange the 2% for the whole milk.  It means pushing carts in the parking lot until I don't believe it possible to sweat any harder.  It means getting a manager override every time some lady comes in with 100 coupons.  It means asking the questions, "how are y'all today," and "did you find everything alright?" a million times in one hour.  It means staying calm when a customer is flying off the handle because the sign next to the cabbage said "2 for $1" and it's ringing up incorrectly (even though we sell those by weight and not quantity).

I love my job, but full time is pushing it a bit ...  without God's grace, that is.  God really convicted me today in the way I view people in general, which was good, because without that conviction I think my job would be way too draining for me.

Nonetheless, I am very glad that I'll be at home for another couple of months.  God has been so gracious to get me thus far, and I know that He will lead me faithfully onward towards His goals for my life.  God is just so amazing, y'all!  I'm overwhelmed with the knowledge that He loves me with His perfect love, giving me this extra time with my family.  How can you keep yourself from loving Someone who loves you so dearly?

Anyway, that's sort of what's going on in my life of late.  The plans have changed drastically since I wrote last.  I'll definitely keep everyone up to date as to how everything goes this fall.

Until next time, soli deo gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment