"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Friday, August 26, 2011

Guacamole Queen

I was rather hard pressed for hours at work this week, being scheduled for only 18.5 hours.  Now, for a gal who took the semester off in order to work hard and save up for the rest of her college career, this just wasn't going to fly.  The Lord saw my plight, so by His good grace I shall hit the 40 hour mark tomorrow afternoon!

I am foot-weary and tired, but oh so thankful for the work.  Sometimes, you just have to look a little harder for the hours you need!  I was able to pick up a shift on Tuesday, and was able to spend several hours in the produce department selling guacamole.  Yes, my dear friends, I wear my hair net proudly as I hand out samples and ladel pound upon pound of the green goodness into tubs to sell.  As soon as I finish up my shift on the register, I head over to produce, don my hair net, wheel out my little cart, and get ready for another couple of hours at work.  I. Love. It.  It's actually been my favorite part of the day!  :)

Thanks to the extra hours spent in produce, I was able to get full-time hours with my part-time job.

Yes, I will get to college one $5.99 tub of guacamole at a time!

2 comments:

  1. I often splurge on that $5.99 tub of guacamole! I add a little fresh lime juice to it and go to town!! In fact, I could eat some now. Guacamole is a common "craving" while I grow babies! :)

    I hope you are home tonight when I'm at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite an adventure! :P

    ReplyDelete