"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sunsets and Hillsides

The wind blows, rippling through my hair.  I look up and see the branches of trees, their spiny fingers holding up small, rounded leaves, making an archway above me.  Ahead of me is a beautiful sunset just beginning its graceful fall behind the hill I am walking up.  The grass is green and about as high as my knee.  There is a sprinkling of  wildflowers.  On the other side of the hillside lies a sort of valley.  In the center of this valley rests an uneven oval shaped pond with bulrushes springing up along the edges.  It is quiet and peaceful in this place.  This is where I come to be alone with God.  This is where my heart sings and where my mind is completely focused on the One who made me and this beautiful place.

This....  this is my picture of paradise


No comments:

Post a Comment