"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Friday, June 8, 2012

Heaven



When the stars burn down and the earth wears out

And we stand before the throne
With the witnesses who have gone before
We will rise and applaud


When the hands of time wind fully down
And the earth is rolled up like a scroll
The trumpets will call and the world will fall
To its knees as we all go home

Everybody I know who I've talked to about heaven simply laughs
They laugh as they see me start to bounce up and down
They laugh when as my voice gradually begins to escalate into a squeal

So, let 'em laugh!

What can I say?  The thought of heaven excites me!
...but it also sobers me...

What will be more wonderful, beautiful, and awesome (in every sense of the word) than finally getting to meet Jesus, my Savior, for the first time, face to face?

On the other hand, what will be more fearsome, knowing that I am only there by His grace

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face...

What could be more breath-taking than the experience of looking into my Savior's beautiful eyes, knowing that He is the one I've been serving all my life?

Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known...

I honestly don't know what I'll do when I find myself in His all-consuming presence.


There will come a day, standing face to face
In a moment we will be like him
He will wipe our eyes dry, and take us up to his side
And forever we will be his

Singing blessing and honor, glory and power
Forever to our God!

Will I kneel, worshiping at His feet, gazing into His eyes, seeing His face light up as I sing His praises?  Or will I all of a sudden be very aware of just how unworthy I am to be in the same room with Him, and lay prostrate, my face planted firmly in the ground, fear rising up within me?



Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing "Hallelujah," will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine...

Yes, one day my Prince will come and rescue me from the bondage of this world.  And yes, I will have my happily ever after.  I am very excited about that day, not knowing what to expect, except for the fact that I know it will be an experience like none other.

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away

No comments:

Post a Comment