"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

That's What Summer's For!

The kids screaming, phone ringing
Dog barking at the mailman
That stack of bills - overdue
Good morning, baby, how are you?
Got a half hour, quick shower
Take a drink of milk but the milk's gone sour
My funny face makes you laugh
Twist the top on and put it back
There goes the washing machine
Baby, don't kick it.
I promise I'll fix it
Long about a million other things

As I sit here typing this, Jodo is screaming, Helen is going back and forth between trying in vain to tickle me and pestering me with lots of random questions while Grace is playing away at the piano.  All these things are harmonizing with the sounds and smells of the currently-being-prepared supper!

Who am I kidding?  The Shoe -- my affectionate nickname for our home -- is filled with chaos!  But in the words of one of my favorite country artists, Phil Vassar, it's just another day in Pardise!  This is what summer is for!


Well, it's okay, it's so nice
Just another day in paradise
Well, there's no place I'd rather be
Well, it's two hearts
And one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night
For just another day in paradise


Oh me oh my, I absolutely adore my family, but I have to remind myself of that when the noise gets to be just a bit much.  ;)

This summer I'm looking forward to coffee dates with siblings and parents, Monk marathons, trips out of state, reading for fun, pick-up soccer games in the backyard, sleeping til noon, eating good food, staying up late into the night watching movies with Luke, listening to great country music, and swimming laps at the pool.  Yes, it's gonna be a great summer around work.  =)

Here's to a great summer and all the noise that goes with it!

Just another day in Paradise!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment