"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

And That's a Wrap!



Well, school's over and I arrived home at 4 a.m. on Monday morning.  As you can imagine, I spent much of the day sleeping and being loved on by my brothers and sisters.  I'll miss Dallas with a passion, but I know that there is still life to be lived here at home.  There are jobs to be worked, people to catch up with, home cooked meals to consume, music to listen to, games to be played, sun to get, pools in which to swim, and graduations to attend.  And that's only the month of May!

In June, Lord willing, I'll be driving up to Minnesota with part of the family and help cheer Luke and Eliza on as they compete in the national speech and debate tournament.  I've been watching their progress from afar this year, and I can't tell you how proud I am of my brother and sister!  They've both given their utmost, and even though Regionals was just last week, they've already set their noses to the grindstone in preparation for Nationals.  I'm so happy for them!

As far as work goes, I'm applying for a part time position in the produce department, and I'm throwing up the idea of applying at either Gap  (so I can work with Luke) or Barnes and Noble (where books and coffee abound).  Also, I'd love to spend a good portion of time volunteering at a crisis pregnancy center.  God has given me a heart for children, both born and unborn, and I'd love to be able to do something in that area.

In other news, I'll be praying alongside my awesome Worldview Academy staffers, knowing they'll do a fantastic job with their small groups, giving all glory to God.  I wish more than anything that I could be right there with them, but I also understand that that's not where God wants me this year.  It was one of the hardest decisions I've made, but I trust His flawless plan.

And I think that about sums up life right now!  I'd love to hang out with y'all while I'm home, but just know that I need two weeks notice so I can ask off of work.  ;)

May God guide and bless the paths you take this summer!


1 comment:

  1. I'm sad you won't be with us this summer:( you will be so missed! I'm excited though, to see how amazing your summer will be! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete