"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Year of Joy

Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!  Serve the LORD with gladness!  Come into his presence with singing!  Know that the LORD, he is God!  It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.  Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise!  Give thanks to him; bless his name!  For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.

---

Consider this my year end review, but the summarized version.  Oh how much happened in 2013 that I was not expecting at the start of the year, but am eternally grateful for!  Shall I name just a few?

1.  On New Years Day, I had no idea that I would have a baby brother by the end of the year
2.  On New Years Day, I had no idea that my grandparents, who have talked about moving close to my family for the past 18 years, would actually move to Texas and within a mile from us
3.  On New Years Day, I had no idea that I'd be working for two solid weeks in Austin to try to get HB2 passed (a bill that would close down most abortion facilities in the state of Texas)
4.  On New Years Day, I had no idea that I would be going to Israel within the year and for a bit longer than just a normal 10 day tour

And that's just to name a few!  God blessed me in more ways than I could imagine throughout the year 2013.  Each of the things named above are things that I am deeply grateful for, and are also things that I had not planned on.  As I told a friend of mine, 2013 was filled with unexpected things, and because of that, I'm super excited to just go along for the ride in 2014 to see what else God has in store!

And now, may this year be filled to the brim with God's glory, and may He continue to be faithful in molding us into vessels that look more like Him at the end of it.

Happy New Year!
Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment