"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Not Adding Up

Expectations are oftentimes so very different from reality, right?

We all have countless expectations that are either attained or not, and then we have to decide what to do with reality.

When I arrived in Israel a month and a half ago, I had all sorts of expectations.  You know how you always hear these stories of people who cross paths with angels or the ones of people who get revelations from the LORD?  I suppose I was expecting some of those things to happen.  If nothing else, I wanted to feel a sense of awe regarding the land because it is the site where Yeshua lived and died and rose again.

I thought I would feel super spiritual when stepping off the plane and walking where Yeshua walked, but I felt just the same as I did at home.  I thought I would have cool encounters with the LORD, but instead, He's teaching me how to better come before His throne in prayer (which is VERY cool).  I thought I'd have radical spiritual growth, instead He has been faithful to lead me beside still waters quietly, yet ever in His presence.

And perhaps that's what I've been needing instead of a loud Hallelujah experience.  Perhaps I've just needed the peaceful, steady hand of my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment