"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Friday, October 18, 2013

Field Research

Field research is what one team member called my stay in Galilee.  That's what happens when you major in biblical studies and decide to take at least a year off of school to go to the Holy Land!

I'm so thrilled to be here!  God has given me the opportunity to meet so many new and amazing people each and every day!  The staff (who come from all over the world) have quickly become family to me.  Each member has their own unique story to tell and contributes something to this place that no one else can.  It's an amazing thing to be a part of!

As far as adventures go, I finally got to sail the Sea of Galilee today!  The water was a beautiful turquoise (I've heard this isn't always the case) and when I closed my eyes, I could imagine Yeshua sailing the very same body of water 2,000 years ago and calming the wind that whipped at my face and hair.  From my vantage point today, I could see Tiberius, the Mount of the Beatitudes, and Capernaum.  Crazy!


My friend Sasha and I on the boat (it was SUPER windy)


I can't wait to see what else God has in store for me on this trip of mine!  He is so good, and I have LOVED getting to know believers from all over the world in such a short time.  I cross the path of new people every single day.  It's been amazing!

I've been keeping a travel log, actually, of the new experiences that each day holds and of the high points.  We'll see how long I'll be diligent in filling it out, but so far it's been a fun thing to do at the end of each day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment