"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Happy Heart

I remember standing in the shower one morning in May thinking, "What am I doing?  I'm about to go out on my own for a few weeks, meet up with total strangers .... to do what???"  Three weeks later, those complete strangers had become some of my best friends.

I returned home on Friday from a month spent away with Worldview Academy.  If I could describe my experience in one word, it would be awesome -- in every sense of the word.  It was awesome to see God work!  It was awesome to get to spend time with my students.  It was awesome to watch my team bond so quickly (day 3 of staff training).  It was awesome to get to talk with much deeper thinkers than I could ever hope to be.  It was awesome to give of myself so much and so often that I had no choice but to let God take over.

I could go on and on and tell stories about how we found a turtle on the side of the road and dropped it into Cara's lap, or about spending a day at the lake and playing a quick game of ultimate on the beach.  I could talk about Leah trying to doctor up David's leg late one night while the rest of us laughed until our sides hurt!  I could enlighten you about races with my students.  I could write about one of my girls accepting Christ!  I could tell of the great discussions we got into as we traveled from Oklahoma to Texas.

But I'll save those for later.

My heart is so full right now!  I've had the best three weeks of my life!  I went from not knowing a soul on campus to loving each one of those souls deeply.  God truly blessed me by allowing me to get to know each of them.  Yes, I'm in the grieving process as I learn to let go again (seems to be a common theme in my life), but you know what?  I wouldn't trade those weeks for the world!  Where else are you going to find 20+ people sold out for Christ and who have a willingness to share that passion with others?  Sometimes I wish I didn't have a heart.  ;)

I'm struggling with being home right now, because my heart has yet to find its way back.  It's currently in Mississippi with my Worldview Academy family.  However, I know that God has a plan for the rest of my summer, I just have to keep pressing into Him while I wait for that purpose.  He is so good!  I am so thankful for the time He gave me with those amazing people!  Like I said earlier, I wouldn't trade my experience for the world!  Praise God, for His mercies are new every morning!

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment