"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mulling Over Life

It's kind of funny.  When I was away at Worldview Academy, I had purpose for my life.  I had a sense of direction and fulfillment that was lacking before I went.  For three weeks, I knew precisely what I was supposed to be doing!

And then I came home.

Yes, life has been strange, to say the least.

One thing is certain, since being home, my faith in the Lord has been strengthened!  My prayer life has become more meaningful, and my time in the Word is definitely more fruitful.  Scripture memorization is something I've added to my quiet times, which is awesome because in order for the Lord to bring Scriptures to mind, it has to have had gone in first.  He is faithful, my friends, so let's strive to be faithful to Him!

Yes, I'm still floundering as to what He would have me do in the fall (be it school or something else entirely), and it's frustrating to know that He works -- in my mind, at least -- in a very last-minute fashion.  I know He does this to force me to trust His planning and timing, but it doesn't remove the fact that it's still challenging.  I know He has a plan for my life, yea even for the fall, but as of yet, He's left me in the dark about it.

So what am I doing with my time right now?  I'm reading more, working, and pressing in on my relationships.  I've spent a lot of time sharing with my parents my concerns and hopes for my life.  I've spent a lot of time thinking about life.  I've spent a lot of time praying about life.  Like I said, God has a plan, He just hasn't filled me in yet.  Even so, I continue to pour out my heart to Him, knowing that my life is in good hands.

If anybody needs anything to pray about, I'm asking for your prayers!  Please pray that I would find solace in the knowledge that my life is in God's hands, and that He would reveal His plan to me at exactly the right moment.

God is SO good, and in that I can rest.  :)

5 comments:

  1. A very sweet post! The four of us girls read " What He Must Be" the year it came out! It is very good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished it. It. Was. Awesome. So very good!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, sweet friend. I love you and I love that in a sense we are walking this journey together!
    ~Kylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting an update... I love hearing how the Lord is working in your life and shaping you to His image.

    I have been praying for you and will continue to!

    Love,
    ~Micaela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all are awesome! Thanks so much for your encouragement!!! :D

    ReplyDelete