"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Friday, January 18, 2013

Bound and Determined

Here we gooooo!  (Peter Pan, anyone?)

How am I preparing for the new semester?

So glad you asked.  ;)

~  I've been working over the past couple of evenings on gathering new (and cheap) recipes!  I decided to be more adult-like in my lifestyle this year, so instead of finding the easiest foods to eat (which typically means running over to Taco Bell), I'm going to be cooking more.  I love to cook, but last year I discovered that I don't know how to cook for 1, so my meals actually last me about a week.  Also, I learned that I don't feel like cooking until I'm hungry, and when I'm hungry, I want to eat right away!  Enter in determination #1:  cook more, eat healthier, and plan ahead.

~  During the school year, I typically restrict myself to reading only books I need to get through for school.  These books are GREAT, don't get me wrong, it's just that at times, I need a mental break.  So, I dug up a few books that I've received during Christmases past that I still have not gotten around to reading.  Determination #2:  do a bit of light reading before bed each night.

~  Last year, I was haphazardly healthy.  I ran a little, ate a piece of fruit or two, and thought about riding my bike.  This year, I plan on actually being healthy.  My parents gave me a blender for Christmas last month (please, spare me your "Father of the Bride" comments as I was quite happy to get it), and I plan on using it to make lots of smoothies.  Determination #3:  ride bike to work, run once a week, drink smoothies.

No, these are not New Year's Resolutions because resolutions fizzle out about two days into the new year.  These are things I am determined to do in the hopes that I'll enjoy life more!  Join me in my new adventure in active living!

This is looking like it'll be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment