"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Great is His Faithfulness


How am I to summarize, learn from, apply, or be appropriately thankful for all that has happened to me this year?  How do I best put into words and describe how utterly different I am today, how vastly different of a person I am from a year ago?  How do I give God all the glory that is His due?

Adequate words escape me.

Looking back on a year ago from today, these are the things that constituted my circumstances:

I was frustrated with my life, not really having any direction, yet not wanting to change anything.  The fear of the unknown had reached its zenith.  

I was getting ready to leave the safety and familiarity of home to try out something new for the semester, and quite frankly, I wasn't looking forward to it.  

The depression of my high school years had continued on through my first year of college, making me highly apathetic and unmotivated in everything.  I even turned myself into a victim, letting everything bring me down.  I threw the encouragement of the people around me right back at them with a "thanks, but no thanks" mentality.

A year ago from today, I was hanging onto unhealthy attitudes and ways of thinking because they were the things I knew and was familiar with, even though I knew they needed to change.

Today, looking back, I clearly see how God turned my life around.  Where a year ago I was spiritually dry and spent, today, I am full!  Where a year ago I was drowning in self-pity, today I pray for God's help in having a better attitude and outlook on life.  Where a year ago I was apathetic, not caring about anything anymore, today I am filled with joy!  Where a year ago I was lacking in motivation and purpose, today I have hope for tomorrow.

God has shown His faithfulness towards me yet again throughout this year.  He is so good, and I am utterly thankful for His kindness in allowing me to learn and grow like never before throughout this year.

I know myself, and I know what I was 1 short year ago.  I'm here to tell you that I stand before you now a changed daughter of the King, having a clearer understanding of who my Father is.  I pray that 2013 will continue my growing period and that at the end of next year, I'll be able to tell you that I'm a completely different person then than I am today, having an even clearer understanding of my Father.

Here's to a year of growth in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ!  

May you have a blessed New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment