"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Observations

It's so nice to be home for Thanksgiving!  10 days off of school is a pretty generous vacation if you ask me.

I got home late Thursday evening, and have been soaking in the sights, smells, and various other joys that only home can bring.

One of my favorite things about being home is getting to see a plethora of stars!  In Dallas, we get to see our star; a single sphere of light.  On clear nights we get to take in the joys that three stars can bring.  At home, however, I get to sit in my backyard next to a roaring fire (contained in the fire pit, of course) and gaze at a sky filled with stars!  Do you know how free that makes me feel?  :)

Also, being home typically means I get to indulge in a Del Cook moment or two!  Yes, ladies and gents, this means that I get to walk in after church on Sundays and instantly my olfactory senses are filled to capacity with the delightful scents of pot roast and roast vegetables.  Oh, be still my beating heart.

At this point, I'm looking forward to Wednesday when my older brother will be able to join us for Thanksgiving festivities!  I haven't seen him since August, so it will be great to catch up over turkey and green bean casserole.

And that's a real quick update of the goings on in my life.

This is Hunky Dory, signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment