"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happenings

Oh you wanted a substantive post?  I know, it's been a long while since I've done anything akin to that.  Here goes!

Life has been C.R.A.Z.Y. of late, and things are finally starting to calm down (yay!).  I've already written about fall camp, so I'll pick up where I left off.  After camp, I came home for a few days, got a couple of hours in at work -- okay, so maybe it was more like 36 -- and then promptly left for my grandparents'.

Like I tell my mom, there's really only one place on earth where I can fully relax, and that would definitely be on my grandparents' property.  Imagine 13 gorgeous acres of rolling hills, trees taller than my house, a huge pond (which was in the process of trying very hard to be non-existent), a long gravel road, crisp fall weather, and beautiful sunny skies.  Yep.  I was in paradise!  It was also the first time in all my 19 years that I had my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousin all to myself.  I spent one short, but beautiful week there.

One of the best parts about that week was getting to go hiking (one of my all-time favorite things to do!) with my aunt, uncle, and cousin.  We were originally thinking it would only take us about an hour or two to hike the entire trail, but someone wanted to take a different way back to the car, and we ended up wading through two freezing cold creeks and hitting a dead end.  Yep.  Not only was it uphill the entire way back, we also had to walk through the creeks, mud, and horse manure again!  Instead of getting grumpy, we all just started laughing as we each bit off a chunk of our single granola bar and started the trek back.  All in all, we didn't get back to the car until 4 hours after we had begun.  :)

Here's the deal, over the past couple of years, a sort of exhaustion has really brought me low.  Most days I would wake up, be up and about for a few hours, then would be ready to hit the sack again.  I would move sluggishly throughout my day and be counting down the hours and minutes until I could clock out and go home.  Even on my days off, I wanted nothing more than to crawl back into bed and sleep the day away.

After spending time with my family last week, all the tiredness and stress fell away!  I am now feeling refreshed enough to get through the crazy holiday season at work!  I thank the Lord for His goodness and kindness in allowing me a week of respite.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment