"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Because I Like to Dream

My passion is for family.  My heart beats for family.  I often get stressed out with changes that happen within the family.  I get overly protective of family.  I like to be supportive of family.  I love to encourage family.

I love family.

Today, a tiny newborn wailed it's little lungs out as it's mother tried to pay for her groceries.  All I wanted to do right then and there was to scoop up the baby, hold it close, and try to calm it.  I've always dreamed of having a family of my own to take care of, but the feeling never seemed so strong or so real as it did this afternoon, listening to that little baby cry.

Yes, I've had experience with babies.  I've had the privilege of having 8 younger siblings.  Some of my favorite times in life were spent meeting my brothers and sisters for the first time:

"Hi!  I'm Alex, your big sister, and I just want you to know that I love you.  I've been waiting for 9 months to get to say hello, which is a very long time to wait for a very impatient older sister.  Now that you're here, I don't want to let you go.  Ever.  I'm SO glad God placed you in my family ... OUR family.  Welcome, little one."

Have you ever had the chance to hold a baby tight and jabber away at him, even though he doesn't understand what you're saying?  Have you ever had the chance to hold her tiny, little hand in your own, and praise God for those precious, perfect fingers?  Have you ever had the chance to rock him to sleep?  Have you ever had the chance to nestle her close and tell her all about the family she's been placed in?

...I have...
...it's an experience like no other...
...one that I wouldn't trade for the world...

I can't tell you how excited I get when I think of myself 10 years down the road.  Will I be married by then?  And if so, will I already have kids of my own to love on, and to raise into godly young men and women?  It excites me to think that God might bless me with a family of my own someday.  I can't imagine the thrill of watching my children grow and mature, and then experience the bitter/sweet emotion of letting them go and start families of their own.

I think about the future, and I smile.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for me.

I simply can't wait.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment