"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Thursday, April 14, 2011

~Moi~

Hello everyone!  I have had requests from several friends to a) write a new post, and b) give a quick update on life as it stands today.  So, without further ado, ze post:

Life this past week has been wildly crazy, to say the least.  School has become a stressful mess.  I know several of you have heard me say that this has just really NOT been my semester, and while I would love to change that statement .... I really can't.  It's been insanely tough!  But then, that's just the way school goes sometimes.  Thank God last semester went well, otherwise I don't think I would have registered for more classes this spring.  But through it all, He has been faithful.

Also on the subject of school, I'm leaning heavily towards attending Howard Payne University in the fall.  This will mean lots and lots and lots of scholarship searching as well as working my tail off over the summer in order to cover expenses, but overall it excites me.  It excites me that I might possibly have found a great college!  It excites me that I could have the chance to really try my hand and succeed!  It excites me to try something new and different!  Yes, I'm excited.  :D


Side note: It appears that Adams kids like to transfer into 4-year colleges for their sophomore year, and it seems like they enjoy picking expensive private schools instead of regular state schools, and it also looks like they gravitate towards institutions that claim the yellow jacket as their mascot.  Huh!  Who knew?  ;)

Aaaaaanyway!  Something that's kind of remotely interesting about life is that tomorrow evening Luke and I will be volunteering at the THSC gala and awards banquet!  I'm very excited about this!  Over the past two months, we've joined friends in packing folders with many, many papers for Capitol Days.  As a sort of "thank you", our friend Paul Hastings invited us to volunteer at the gala ... in which case we'd get free tickets to enjoy the event.  It's going to be a lot of fun (and I'll have you know that it took me two days of shopping to get an outfit together)!

So, God bless, and I hope to hear from everyone else soon!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the THSC banquet! Tonight will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like all of my friends are leaving Austin for HPU, HSU, or ACU. I don't get it, why are people attracted west of Austin?

    Actually, I was looking around last night in Walmart for a new dress shirt to wear tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's sort of a long story about HPU. I wanted a classical education, and it's super hard to find a college that offers that type of thing. Also, it's hard to find a classical college that will accept my SAT scores *heh heh*. So yeah, all in all, that's kind of how I landed on HPU. I also checked out Hillsdale and PHC and New St. Andrews.

    ReplyDelete