"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Monday, June 17, 2019

Back to School

The last time I enrolled in college, I was 19, single, and highly independent.  In the fall when I pick up where I left off, I will be scarily close to turning 27, married, and will have a husband and a son who will continue to rely on me to do my part in providing a stable home life.

Weird.

Also, let's pause here to take a minute to scratch our heads over women not wanting people to know their age.  I just don't get it.  Age hits all of us in our time, and me?  I've always rather liked my age.  But I digress.

It'll be a tough transition at first, going from SAHM to College Student.  To say I'm excited, though, would be an understatement.  I am over the moon excited to begin the work it'll take to finish out my degree!  I know it will most likely mean burning the candle at both ends.  I know that I'll probably be chanting "C's get degrees" to myself over and over as I trade in my A's for time spent with my husband and son (and it'll kill me a little inside, but I know that in the long run I'll be so much happier for the family memories than the all revered A plastered on the top of a piece of shredded dead tree I turned in).  I know it'll mean fewer hours of sleep than my already shortened nights.

But I am so up for the challenge.

I am so ready to be sitting in the classroom again, drinking in the information that will be taught.  I am so ready to add studying to my daily routine.  I am so ready to complete this work that I began 8 years ago.

Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment