"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Getting Closer





Y'all.  I'm 39 weeks along in my pregnancy as of TODAY!

I truly didn't think I'd ever get this close.  It's been a healthy pregnancy with only some aches and pains to complain of... which means I really can't complain because there are so many women out there who have it SO much worse than I do.  As for being due next week (I can say that now???), I'm thrilled, though not so thrilled about the hundred degree temperatures also headed our way.  All of this said, I married a wonderful man who bought me cold Pop Ices to help me survive these last few days of pregnancy.  Did I marry up, or what?  :)

When people try to schedule things around me these days, I just say, "plan what you want.  All I have on my agenda is make it to my weekly doctor's appointments and wait for Baby."  Seriously.  That's how close we are to the end.  Whaaaat?

Speaking of being close to the end, we are officially no closer to deciding on a name for the little guy.  I know, I know.  But it's ok.  I know he'll have a name very soon upon birth. 

At least I hope so. 

Hmm, what is his name?

The doctor told me that should I not have the baby soon, they'll go ahead and induce me at the 41 week mark, which means that by June 13th (just two short weeks from now), I will be holding my precious little baby in my arms and getting to study his sweet face in detail as I sit (or will I be lying down?) in awe of God the Giver of Life.  Two weeks.  That's the official end date.

Over these past several days, I've been pondering how God already has the baby's birthday planned out.  The day has been handpicked by God, and it's kind of a fun little anticipation I get to experience as I wait to see which day it will be!  Every night when I go to bed I think to myself, "will it be tonight?  Will we make a midnight run to the hospital?"  Every morning I wake up in my own bed and think, "well, there's always today!"  While I am so done being pregnant, I keep myself sane and amused by playing that guessing game.

And so, you have reached the end of my post.  I'm sure the next one will contain exciting details of a birth story.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment