"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Starting the New Year off Right

On this day, I have found myself being thankful for various seemingly small things.

I'm thankful for laundry to fold, because it means my family has clothes to wear
I'm thankful for dishes to wash, because it means my family has food to eat
I'm thankful for a house to clean, because it means my family has shelter
I'm thankful for old vehicles to maintain, because it means my family has transportation
I'm thankful for illness, because it shows me that my husband loves me when he does various chores that are usually mine so that I don't have to today
I'm thankful for cold weather, because it means there is a God in heaven ;)

These are just a few of the things I've been meditating on and thanking the good Lord for today.  Thinking on these things has the ability to calm an anxious heart and allows me to enjoy today for today.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment