"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Themes

Each semester so far has had a running theme.  Last semester, God decided it was time I learned a bit more about who it is that I serve exactly.  This semester, though only a few days into it, has not disappointed.  The new theme is that of prayer.

In chapel yesterday, our president, Dr. Johnson, told how important it is to be in constant prayer, warring for the kingdom on our knees.  In Personal Evangelism, a class I had the day before, we were told to enlist 10 people that we know to pray for us during our semester as we carry out our assignment of witnessing to 3 people.  I've also been keeping a running list in my head of things I should be praying for.

Yes, this will be a semester of prayer.  And you know what?  It excites me!  God is going to do amazing things, and the most important thing I need to be doing is talking to Him about it.

Praise the Lord, whose mercies endure forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment